Order My Underground American Dream by @julissaarce! #MUAD http://bit.ly/muad-byJA
(click here to tweet this)
“America was always a place of wonder for me” - @julissaarce #MUAD http://bit.ly/muad-byJA
(click here to tweet this)
“A ray of hope for Texas’s future” @GovernorPerry about @julissaarce when she was undocumented. Read more in #MUAD http://bit.ly/muad-byJA (click here to tweet this)
Sample Facebook Updates
Copy and paste into your status then hit the spacebar after “@JulissaArce” to tag her page:
Order your copy of #MyUndergroundAmericanDream by @JulissaArce. It’s a riveting memoir of an undocumented immigrant who worked her way into becoming a Wall Street Executive: http://julissaarce.com/book
Just got my copy of #MyUndergroundAmericanDream by @JulissaArce! She shares her story from finding out she was an undocumented immigrant as a child to becoming a VP at Goldman Sachs. Interesting right? Order today: http://julissaarce.com/book
@JulissaArce opens up about her success as a Hispanic woman in a sea of suits and ties while guarding her secret from her peers. You’ll want to read #MyUndergroundAmericanDream (and get a copy for a friend!) Order today: http://julissaarce.com/book
EVERGREEN POSTING IDEAS
Support My (Underground) American Dream in your daily conversations!
(Suggested Themes Below)
- #SundayInspiration - How does #MyUndergroundAmericanDream by @JulissaArce inspire you?
Who in your life has inspired you? Add #MUAD to your post.
- #MotivationMonday - Why do you keep doing what you do? Who are the people in your life that keep you going?
Talk about it with #MUAD!
- #TipTuesday - Retweet the success tips from @JulissaArce or share your own with #MUAD!
- #WednesdayWisdom - Share an experience in which you learned a valuable lesson.
What are the best words of wisdom you’ve recieved? Share it with the #MUAD.
- #ThankfulThursday - What are you thankful for? Who are you thankful for? Share it with #MUAD.
- #FF - Use #MUAD or #MyUndergroundAmericanDream and tag @JulissaArce in your Follow Friday post!
We’ll be retweeting and highlighting followers every Friday!
- #SaturdayReads - Share your reflections of #MyUndergroundAmericanDream or share other books
that you think @JulissaArce should know about!
- #SundaySelfie (After September 13) - Take a selfie with the book! Or with your book club!
Have you taken a photo with @JulissaArce? Share it again! #MyUndergroundAmericanDream
- Write your reviews on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com - this really has a big impact!
- Tag @julissarce in your positive #MyUndergroundAmericanDream or #MUAD posts.
- Repost, retweet and share posts about #MyUndergroundAmericanDream, #MUAD and @JulissaArce.
- Interact with @JulissaArce! Julissa and her team love speaking with readers and followers of #MyUndergroundAmericanDream #MUAD.
- Attend upcoming books signings and share the events page! http://bit.ly/muad-events (We’d love to meet you!)
- Add a “.” (period) when beginning at tweet with a username so that it shows up on the general feed.
(ie: “.@julissaarce changes the conversation of immigration in her new book #MyUndergroundAmericanDream”)
Official Book Description
MY UNDERGROUND AMERICAN DREAM
For an undocumented immigrant, what is the true cost of the American Dream?
Julissa Arce shares her story in a riveting memoir.
When she was 11 years old Julissa Arce left Mexico and came to the United States on a tourist visa to be reunited with her parents, who dreamed the journey would secure her a better life. When her visa expired at the age of 15, she became an undocumented immigrant. Thus began her underground existence, a decades long game of cat and mouse, tremendous family sacrifice, and fear of exposure. After the Texas Dream Act made a college degree possible, Julissa's top grades and leadership positions landed her an internship at Goldman Sachs, which led to a full time position--one of the most coveted jobs on Wall Street. Soon she was a Vice President, a rare Hispanic woman in a sea of suits and ties, yet still guarding her "underground" secret. In telling her personal story of separation, grief, and ultimate redemption, Arce shifts the immigrant conversation, and changes the perception of what it means to be an undocumented immigrant.
OFFICIAL JULISSA ARCE BIO
Julissa Arce is a writer, speaker, and social justice advocate. She is the Co-founder and Chairman of the Ascend Educational Fund, a college scholarship and mentorship program for immigrant students, regardless of their immigration status, ethnicity or national origin. Julissa is also a board member for the National Immigration Law Center and College Spring. She is the former Director of Public Affairs at Define American, a media organization that uses the power of story to change culture around immigration and citizenship. Prior to becoming an advocate, she built a successful career on Wall Street working at Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch and had seemingly achieved the American Dream, and yet she was not part of what defined America.